- A user wants to sign up for a workshop/event
- Once registered, he needs to pay his ticket and is then approved for the workshop
- A confirmation mail is sent with details
We "simulate" the payment gateway here, of course
- We have synchronous triggers (user on site sends registration form)
- There are also async triggers, e.g. status update from payment provider
- We also trigger async events and queue jobs, e.g. for sending emails
Let's try it
The following is a live graph of the workflow implementation (rendered fresh from config):
A real life example can often be 10-20x larger in complexity.
Code behind it
For more technical details, follow the linked docs to the CakePHP plugin itself.